Peer Review Policy
Conscious Urbanism maintains the highest standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process.
All research articles published in Conscious Urbanism undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are listed below:
- All research articles are reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editor-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided.
- Members of the Editorial Board lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editor-in-Chief generally and to assist decision making on specific submissions.
- Managing Editor and Editorial Assistants provide the administrative support that allows Conscious Urbanism to maintain the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turnaround and maximum efficiency to authors, reviewers and editors alike.
- Conscious Urbanism additionally benefit through the manuscript referral process from the high quality peer review conducted by established journals.
Peer review of referred papers
Editors of Conscious Urbanism will decide promptly whether to accept, reject, or request revisions of referred papers based on the reviews and editorial insight of the supporting journals. In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be advised when Editors decide further review is needed.